The Gratitude Fix: Relationship

/
0 Comments
Relationship...

The support that I get from my husband, and family to do the things that I love to do, and share the things I love to do with others.


Starting a healthy journey is NOT easy, by any means. There are several factors that go into it; starting with you WANTING to start in the first place! You need to have goals and a clear plan of action. But, on top of that, you need to have the support of others around you - Your husband, your family, your friends, co-workers, strangers even!

When I first started my journey, my husband was supportive, but skeptical. You see, I've gone down this road before. He wanted me to be happy and healthy, but knew that in the past I tended to fall off track easily.  Also, he was worried that me wanting to eat a certain way meant that he would also have to give up things he loved to eat.

He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, and I get that. He'll eat vegetables, but would rather a big piece of steak and french fries instead. As much as I would love for him to go on this healthy journey with me, it's not something I can force (you have to want it), and it's NOT his journey...it's mine.

So, how do I make it work? Fortunately, because I follow the 21 Day Fix principles I can eat a lot of the same foods that my husband likes, with small modifications.  I've made dinners like Beef Enchiladas, and Shepherd's Pie that are 21 Day Fix AND family approved! I've made stuffed bell peppers, steak with sweet potatoes and a vegetable, or pizza and was able to stay on plan.  And, because this is an 80/20 lifestyle (80% on plan, 20% wiggle room), I can have that glass of wine or enjoy an appetizer if we go out to dinner.

What I realized was that although at first he was skeptical, he quickly realized that this was a plan, nine times out of ten, that worked for him, too! And secretly, this is a win for me, because he has made a few healthy changes himself!

If you have any questions about how I make this lifestyle work with the 21 Day Fix, and for my family, get in touch with me!




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.