RECIPE HIGHLIGHT: Roasted Acorn Squash

/
0 Comments
I love the Fall, and everything about it. It's colors, smells, pumpkin spice everything...and I love Fall inspired foods!  They are hearty, flavorful, and warm. All things that we crave as the days get colder.

Since starting the 21 Day Fix, I tend to gravitate towards simple, easy to prepare meals, so while at the grocery store this week I spotted some beautiful Acorn Squash with my name written all over them!

Acorn Squash is a winter squash with a green, hard outer shell, and a sweet yellow-orange inner flesh. It's a hearty, nutrient dense vegetable that is full of Vitamins, Minerals and antioxidants.

I've prepared Acorn squash a couple of different ways in the past, one being stuffed with a sausage and sage stuffing, but last night I decided to roast it, and pair it up with some baked chicken! Super simple, and delicious!


Servings: 2 (Half of one Acorn Squash)
21 Day Fix: 3 1/2 Green

Ingredients:
1 Acorn Squash, Halved and seeded
2 tsp Olive Oil OR Grass Fed Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
Himalayan Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Spray a 9x12 Baking Pan with Cooking Spray
Cut the Acorn Squash in half, and scoop out the seeds with a spoon
Place the acorn squash cut side down in the pan, and bake in the over for about 35 minutes, or until toasted.
Turn the acorn squash so that the cut side is facing up.
Put 1 tsp of either the grass fed butter or olive oil over the top.
Sprinkle Cinnamon on top, then Nutmeg, salt and pepper
Put back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes
Let cool, and enjoy!

I paired my acorn squash along with chicken that I baked, and topped with homemade salsa that I had prepped earlier in the week!


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.